Your Journey Home

Friday, June 09, 2006

As my World Turns

I have two friends, very close friends, that had their marriages end in the last two years. One couple didn't surprise me really since they seemed to live different lives anyway, but the other couple absolutely floored me. Friend number one had her husband literally dump papers on her the day he retired, how nice? There was no warning, no fights, just I am retiring and I am out of here. Considering they had a 5 year old son with special needs didn't seem to factor in to his new life he obviously had planned out until this year. I guess the point to this would be to tell this little story. My friend was offered by another friend to go to the Bahamas for a long weekend for free and my friend went of course. They had a blast!

Now friend number two calls me last night and tells me that another friend of ours was taking her daughter to the Bahamas, but the daughter couldn't go due to some work issues. So friend number two was offered a week long trip to the Bahamas for free. I am thrilled for her because she has been in such a major depression lately. She could use the time off and just have fun.

I told my husband what was going on with my friend and he just told me I must need to find better friends to get a free trip to the Bahamas. He thought he was being funny so I just had to one up him. I just mentioned that no, I didn't need better friends, apparently I just needed to get rid of him since that seemed to be the trend. Of course he was not amused but I sure got a good laugh out of it.

So for my dear friend that is getting ready to jet out of here, I hope you have the best time! Get massages, drink by the ocean, and flirt with the pool boys! You deserve it girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Lilypie Baby Ticker Lilypie Baby Ticker Who links to me?