Your Journey Home

Sunday, May 14, 2006

My own version of rumors


Okay, I may not be into all the great data collecting as our dear Rumor Queen is, but hey, I can throw out and chew on a good rumor like everyone else.

Today being Mother's Day, I take control. Today I will not read the rumors of others but start one myself. I am woman, hear me roar! I predict that the next batch of referrals will be up to July 7th. I know, I know, it is way out there, but hey....it's Mother's Day and a girl can dream, can't she? Since a rumor's dream is to be a widespread statement not authenicated, then why can't we just have one good rumor on Mother's Day to chew on?

For the mothers out there that are waiting to hold your child for the first time, the ones that have carried the dream of their precious child within their hearts for all these months...even years....this Buds for you. Sorry, stuck in commercial land there, this rumor is for you!

I know the rumors will start flying and buzzing soon, but there, I typed my own. I send it out across my blog to land where it may. It is possible that it is only a dream rumor for one mom that wants her child home. But on this day especially, I realize that for this brief moment in time, we all share the same dream and hold the same rumor within our hearts. We want to hear it is our turn.

Currently in my life, rumors have been taking center stage. I take what I can from them and store them somewhere deep inside to chew on and grasp my thoughts around. But just for this moment, I want my own rumor. I want it to become reality.

I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. I want to click my heels together and have this rumor come true. I want each of us to be wearing Ruby slippers and clicking our heels together as we spin around only to open our eyes and see this child that our hearts long for safely in our arms. I want to see the photos of all the happy parents and those precious children. So today, I will let my heart soar with my own rumor. Next week I am sure I will come crashing down.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Sparky said…

    I raise my glass to toast this rumor. Here's to you Hopeful Mommy who will soon just be known as......Mommy. Happy Mother's Day right back at ya!

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Missy said…

    As another "hoping to be mom" I applaud your rumor. And I hope it comes true. I am in the saving stage of adoption...hoping Ukraine but who knows with the situation there?? I visit your blog occasionally and can't wait to see when you are holding your newest one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Lilypie Baby Ticker Lilypie Baby Ticker Who links to me?