Your Journey Home

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My little peanut!



You know after waiting foooooorevvverrr for this child, you would think I would have been more prepared for the actual call, but nope. I guess I should be thankful that I wasn't in class with a herd of 4 year olds and fingerpaint when the call came in.

I want to thank my wonderful secret (well not so secret) pal Lisa and her wonderful children for holding my hand through cyberspace today while I waited. I actually printed out the artwork the kids did and posted it on the front door for dear husband to see. He loved it and had the biggest grin on his face. Thank you so much for hanging in there with me today and well through the past year. Your encouragement and support has meant so much to me.

I also want to thank my special friend K, because without her I would have never had the courage to adopt again.

Okay, Okay, this is sounding like an academy award speech here.....so here we go.....

Name: Xiu Fu Han
DOB: 4/4/06
SWI Xiushan
Chongquing Province

And believe it or not, she has the same description my oldest son had on his file....gulp, active and restless. Ummmm, should I be scared?



I was told the second photo looks like she was laughing, my husband's comment was it looked more like a gas bubble to him. Always the comedian, even when facing a woman on the edge. He is either really brave or really stupid.

16 Comments:

  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Johnny said…

    Congrats! CQ = spicy girl!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    Congrats, she is adorable!! Yeah another CQ girl!

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Colleen said…

    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! You have a daughter! Congratulations. I am so happy for you.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Eileen said…

    Congratulations Lisa!!!! Oh she is so cute! So sweet looking!

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger wzgirl said…

    OMGOsh - she is soo, so cute!!

    Congrats to you and your family!

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Space Mom said…

    Congrats!!!!

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie V said…

    MOTHER OF GOD IS THAT BABY BEAUTIFUL OR WHAT? And she's laughing! Awww, that is just about heartbreakingly cute!

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    LUCKY YOU! What a cutie pie! Love the giggly photo.

    Hope you travel soon to bring your daughter home.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Our Journey to Jenna Maria said…

    Absolutely beautiful. Congrats to you and your family. Cherish this time, it all goes by too fast!

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Whatshername's Mummy said…

    Beautiful - I love that smile.
    Congratulations
    Kate
    http://kes44p.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger Dannye said…

    She is absolutely beautiful, congratulation.

    Also, I don't think it looks like a "gas bubble", she's definitely smiling for her mommy and daddy (first impressions are important, hehe)

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger viennabaxters said…

    Congratulations! I'm from the Sept DTC group and I'm so happy to see your beautiful DD. Isn't it an amazing feeling to get that call? You think you are prepared but.....what joy!
    Holly Baxter
    www.baxterfamilyvienna.blogspot.com
    to check out our beauty!

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    I am sorry, I am soo behind. I can't believe I missed your referral. Congratulations. I am soo happy for you! I am hoping for quick TA!!!

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Look how happy she is to see you. Congrats!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Stephanie V said…

    News?! Is there any news? How about travel? Are they going to try to get you out before CNY?

    NEWS WOMAN!!

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger kitchu said…

    I just found your blog today... congrats on TA and wow, what a cutie that's waiting for you! Hope the trip goes smoothly-
    All the best,
    Kris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Lilypie Baby Ticker Lilypie Baby Ticker Who links to me?