Your Journey Home

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Referral Time

I am waiting for the "Call" and half thinking it still might not be my turn. I know totally crazy thinking with a 9/9 LID, but there is a little part of me that thinks something could go wrong.

I had this grand illusion of what this day would be like. Of course I imagined this day coming a year ago, without all the waiting in between. I imagine my husband and I sitting together waiting for the phone to ring, both taking the day off. I imagined the look of excitement on my sons' face at hearing the news about their little sister. I know this illusion is gone forever.

I sit here, my husband is at work, and my two sons are nervously waiting for any word on this mysterious sister that they have waited to play with for so long now. As I look at their faces, I see that they reflect my own inner feelings. It is just relief and boiled over emotions. So we three wait by the phone, waiting for even a slight hint we are actually going to have a referral today.

Happy New Year my baby girl!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    I'm nervous and it isn't even my referral...hurry up phone and ring!!!

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Stephanie V said…

    WELL?? Anything??

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger lisa said…

    I just wanted to congratulate you another time today. I cannot wait to follow your journey to Fu Han.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Lilypie Baby Ticker Lilypie Baby Ticker Who links to me?