Your Journey Home

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Our adjustment

I am going to attempt to update this blog during spring break. I can't wait until I have an entire week off to just stay home with the kids and have fun. I went back to work and the adjustment has been a little rocky for baby S. She loves the kids at the school, especially two of the kids in my class. They adore her and she just lights up when she sees them. The director that is taking care of S when I am teaching is trying so hard to win her over. Sometimes I think if a person doesn't try too hard, Baby S warms up more quickly. Lately the director has been bringing her into my class during breaks and free time for the kids and letting her have fun with my class. S enjoys that a lot.

On the weekends I enjoy the slower pace and enjoy just staring at S. She has a quick smile and is so adventurous. She is crawling and taking up to 12 steps now. She loves her brothers and they do whatever they can to make her laugh. She definitely has a temper and can get quite vocal when she dislikes something. We are still not doing great on the food issues yet, but we are working on it. Once we find something she likes, we stick with it and try to add something new every week.

She has definitely bonded with us but seems to be a daddy's girl. Mom is good for some things but dad is definitely her favorite toy.

We had some jealousy issues in the beginning, but for now it seems to have settled down a bit. My baby boy was having some jealous moments, but when he realized his sister adores him more than anyone else, he has gotten over that for the most part. Maybe Baby S knows who to play up to? C is definitely the protective one. We are working on that because he can be quite rude when others hold her. He even checks behind me to make sure I am doing things correctly. It is cute in one way, but so sad to me in another. I remember the tiny little boy from Ukraine that I first met. If I would feed him before his brother, he would take the food and hand it across the high chair to his brother first. He would even try to change his brother's diaper while he was still in diapers.

Okay, enough about that for now. Everyone is getting into a routine now and it feels like S has been here forever. She brings this incredible energy and light into our lives. I have seen her change my sons and my husband. I cannot accurately describe it, but this bright little one has brought a joy into our house that is overwhelming.

Of course I realize we are still in the honeymoon period, but for now, it has been smooth sailing. Hopefully the sea will not get rough and choppy anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Lilypie Baby Ticker Lilypie Baby Ticker Who links to me?