Your Journey Home

Monday, September 29, 2008

Our prayers are with Bridge City, Texas

My husband grew up in a small Texas town. His family still lives there and he has such fond memories of growing up, playing football, and just hanging out there. Now, those special places in his heart are changed forever. The house he grew up in, his grandparents' home, his favorite aunt's home, even the place his mother is buried has changed forever.

The media is not giving much attention to this town. There is not swarms of reporters down there or film crews. There are just the people trying to clean up and rebuild. Most are homeless with much of their possessions left outside by the curb. Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Bridge City, Texas. May your strong spirit pick up the pieces and rebuild your lives.

I see this video, hear the stories and cannot help but think....what if? What if it were my home, my neighbors, my community trying to build again from the mud and water? Just a very humble thought to have when we stress about little things in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Lilypie Baby Ticker Lilypie Baby Ticker Who links to me?